Where to start?

I have found myself becoming more and more concerned with the issues facing our wonderful planet, and trying to find ways to do my bit to help. I hope to share my own experiences, things I have found to be useful and give tips to help where I can. 

My eco-friendly journey began a few months ago at work. I am a primary school teacher, and was teaching my Year 5 class about our topic of Rainforests. We did a lesson on deforestation, and I actually found myself learning a lot. While the rainforest clearly provides us with a range of goods and services that we are used to using, deforestation is just not sustainable. In teaching this lesson, my eyes were opened and I resolved to learn more. 

Since, I've been trying to cut down on plastic, I've cut meat out of my life, I've been thinking more about my travel, as well as some other changes. More detail on these changes will follow in future posts, but ultimately I want to document my journey here and share my experiences. Being honest, I feel overwhelmed by the damage our everyday lives can cause, but I am beginning to see how relatively simple changes I can make in my life may make a difference. I hope you will follow my journey, share your experiences, ask any questions and perhaps feel inspired yourself to make a change.


Comments